Out of Breath (Breathing, #3) - Rebecca Donovan First of all for the record, I’m a fan of Rebecca Donovan. I absolutely loved Reason to Breath and Barely Breathing. Those two books left me breathless, with a wide array of feelings that left me an emotional wreck for weeks so I’m not sure if it was the long anticipation of Out of Breath but at the end of it all, I was expecting more.

As thrilled as I was for Emma & Evan to have their happily ever after, their story seemed unfinished. For a good portion of the story, Emma was spiraling out of control. She was on a path towards self-destruction mirroring closely to her own mother. Through one of her self-loathing moments she has an epiphany in which her character does a complete 180. From there on, everything seemed rushed. There was no sense of healing and redemption between Emma and herself and with Evan. Suddenly, all the secrets were revealed and all was well. And then, what was that epilogue? Really? That’s it? At the end of it all, I still found myself seeking for some type of closure.