Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror, #1) - Karina Halle To say I was hesitant to read this series is an understatement. I was actually scared to start this. Come on now, the title of the series says it all "Experiment in Terror". As an avid late night reader, a self proclaimed scaredy cat with a vivid imagination plus K. Halle's superb writing, I think one can imagine all the different scenarios on how this could be a bad combination for me. So, although several GR friends have recommended this series, I originally decided to pass on it.

So what exactly changed my mind? Well, for starters, I recently finished an amazing series that has left me in a major contemporary book hangover that I needed something different. This seemed to fit the bill. Also, Dex Foray has completely taken over GR. He’s all over my update page & constantly popping up in a lot of groups that I belong to that I decided it was time for us to meet.

Once I started, I found myself having a hard time putting my iPad away. I’m not going to lie though, some parts totally creeped me out in the middle of the night that I had to stop reading like Perry’s dreams and how they were familiar to certain situations she was in, the light house incidents & that freakin’ clown looking old lady (just thinking about her still gives me the chills).

As much as everyone seems to love Dex, I for one, really connected with Perry. I found her to be a great heroine and I don’t know if it’s because of her insecurities or what not but I just have a soft spot for her. I’m totally rooting for her. She’s currently my main reason to continue this series. Dex, on the other hand is still a wild card for me. I don’t quite see the hype about him yet but I did appreciate him standing up for Perry during the whole Jimmy incident.