Bully (Fall Away, #1) - Penelope Douglas
To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I was going to read this book. The title immediately intimidated me, but the premise of the book intrigued me.

At first, I had a hard time getting into the book. The ‘bullying’ parts turned my stomach especially since Jared, the bully, used to be Tatum’s best friend. Most of the time, I couldn’t understand how Tatum/Tate, the heroine was able to survive through those years of torment. I commended Tate for her strength and perseverance to overcome it. Even though I initially hated Jared, he ended up redeeming himself to Tate. His reasons are later revealed, although I understand them considering his age, it was still a hard concept to grasp. How can you hate someone that you love?

On a different note, I feel grateful that I’ve never been targeted or have witnessed the type of ‘bullying’ that Tate did. Personally, I don’t know how I would’ve been able to handle it. I find it appalling that kids would treat another that way. It breaks my heart that people actually experience this.

I thought this was a great book. It brought current issues to light & I definitely look forward to reading more from Penelope Douglas.