Beauty From Pain (Beauty, #1) - Georgia Cates ”Loving him will forever be my Beauty from Pain”.

This book totally took me by surprise. I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. Laurelyn, a musician from the US goes to Australia with her best friend for three months. She immediately meets Jack Henry who proposes a 'no strings attach' type of relationship for her duration of stay in Australia where they both don’t know each other’s name. After three months, they both walk away being anonymous, no connections and no contact. Laurelyn to my surprise agrees.

My immediate thought was WTH? Who does that? Red flags started popping in my head. My first thought was that he is some crazy motherf***er but that couldn’t have been further from the truth. There isn’t any crazy, dark back-story on him. He’s just one of Australia’s most eligible bachelors who doesn’t want to deal with all the craziness that comes when women realize his fame & fortune.

I really liked the slow build up of their relationship throughout the book that I couldn’t help myself from being emotionally attached to them as a couple. Eventually Jack Henry's rules get broken & real names get revealed. With all the false pretenses gone, they seemed perfect for each other and although I knew what was coming at the end, it was still heartbreaking to witness.

Damn you, Jack Henry for making me fall for you in the span of three months only to break my heart. I’m sure your rule for anonymity is biting you in the ass right now!

I didn’t love you the day I met you, or even a month later. But somewhere between hello and goodbye I’m unable to bear, I feel desperately in love with you.”

I'm diving right into Beauty from Surrender, and it better have a better outcome than this one.