The Do Over - A.L. Zaun 3.5/5

A coworker recommended this book to me. I was initially hesitant to read this, as I’m not too fond of all the dragged out indecisiveness & cheating that typically comes along with a love triangle. Thank goodness, this book wasn’t like that.

”Hi, I’m Dani. I’m a Kindleholic, and I hoard eBooks.”

Dani, the heroine and a fellow kindle lover with book boyfriends, who I seemed to share similar tastes in book with (i.e. The Opportunist) was easy to relate to. Her commitment-phobe of a boyfriend, Rick breaks up with her (and he did it in an asshole type of way) and just when she gets back on her feet (2 yrs. later) and meets Liam, Rick wants her back.

The story is told in multiple POVs (Dani, Liam & Rick). I thought Rick was a self-centered piece of shit and I didn’t care much for his POV. I honestly couldn’t give a rat’s ass on how he felt or what his intentions were. His POV was annoying and I thought it was actually a waste of space. I thought that all the different POVs gave a lot of the plot away. Half way through the book I already figured out how everything was going to unfold. It couldn’t have been anymore obvious. Thank goodness for Liam though, at times he was little too sappy, but his character and Dani’s book references helped piqued my interest.

Overall, it was a good read. I’m still on the fence on whether I’ll read “It’s Not Over”. Although, I am curious to know Madison’s story, I still can’t stand Rick. I think he’s a selfish manipulative asshole.