SPOILER ALERT!

Bold Tricks by Karina Halle

Bold Tricks  - Karina Halle

First of all, let me say this:  Karina Halle, no doubt is an amazing writer.

I absolutely LOVED On Every Street, Sins & Needles and Shooting Scars, but as for Bold Tricks – well, I’m at lost for words.  I’m quite unsure how to rate this book.   Maybe, it was my high expectations from this series, but this one left me feeling cheated in investing so much time into these characters only to end up feeling nothing.

This isn’t about which team won.  It never was in question who Ellie would end up with.  It was hinted in Sins & Needles and quite apparent in Shooting Scars.  I’ve known that from the get go and as a Javier fan, I’ve always been okay with it.  Through the series, what I’ve always been anticipating to see is the connection and chemistry between Ellie and Camden that was so obvious between Ellie & Javier, yet still after it all, I found it was still lacking.  And quite honestly, for the most part I found their romance kind of cheesy.

As for the rest characters and the story, I just couldn’t connect.  I was confused since for the most part, a lot of the characters, Javier included just felt off.

I was able to finish this one, as I needed closure even though I was struggling and skimming through most of it.  Although, I didn’t care for Bold Tricks, I'm definitely looking forward to more of her work.